How to get Credentialed
- By email, submit the following items to the dual enrollment coordinator, Dr. Kathryn H. Beard (email@example.com).
- A copy of your resume and a statement of what VWCC courses (content area) you are interested in teaching
- The Dual Enrollment Instructor Information Form (PDF)
- Official copies of your college transcripts. Note: Official transcripts are required for any college noted on your application.
- Copies of any trade and industry certifications if they are relevant for the dual enrollment class.
- The application, transcripts, and other documentation will be reviewed by the appropriate college dean and the Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs for final eligibility approval. This process can take 2-6 weeks. Credentialing must be complete prior to the start of the high school teaching term. You will receive notification from the college via email when the process is completed.
- When approved, submit a Security Access Request Form and Bio-Data form (DOC) to receive access to our computer system. Note: The SARF is required annually.
- Review the General Guidelines for Dual Enrollment Instructors (PDF).
- Submit your course syllabus using the VWCC template or department guidelines provided by the VWCC program head for your area.
- Follow the guidelines provided on the Dual Enrollment Calendar.
- Using the VWCC Student Information System (SIS), verify student class rosters and submit and confirm grades.
- Confirm that classroom textbooks are resources are approved by the VWCC program head.
- Maintain contact with the VWCC program head throughout the courses.
- Ensure that all VWCC course content that has been determined by the VWCC program head and found on the VWCC Course Outline is appropriately included in the high school curriculum.
- Submit completed instructor evaluation forms prepared by students.
- Maintain samples of assignments and evaluations as required by VWCC program heads.
- Instructors who meet the VCCS credentialing requirements may quality for adjunct teaching positions with VWCC should they seek that employment opportunity.
- Instructors who teach dual enrollment classes may qualify for tuition assistance for VWCC classes.
Credentials needed to teach dual enrollment classes can vary based on the subject.
|Part of an AS Degree|
Transfers to a 4-year college
|Master’s Degree in the field or Master’s plus 18 hours in the content area|
0 years of occupational experience
|Part of an AAS Degree||Bachelor’s Degree in the field|
2 years of occupational experience (not teaching)
|Non-Associate Degree Occupational Fields||AS in teaching field|
HS diploma with certification in the field
5 years of occupational experience (not teaching)