How to get Credentialed
- By email, submit the following items to the dual enrollment coordinator, Dr. Kathryn H. Beard (email@example.com).
- A copy of your resume and a statement of what VWCC courses (content area) you are interested in teaching
- The Dual Enrollment Instructor Information Form (PDF)
- Official copies of your college transcripts. Note: Official transcripts are required for any college noted on your application.
- Copies of any trade and industry certifications if they are relevant for the dual enrollment class.
- The application, transcripts, and other documentation will be reviewed by the appropriate college dean and the Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs for final eligibility approval. This process can take 2-6 weeks. Credentialing must be complete prior to the start of the high school teaching term. You will receive notification from the college via email when the process is completed.
- When approved, submit a Security Access Request Form and Bio-Data form (DOC) to receive access to our computer system. Note: The SARF is required annually.
- Review the General Guidelines for Dual Enrollment Instructors (PDF).
- Submit your course syllabus using the VWCC template or department guidelines provided by the VWCC program head for your area.
- Follow the guidelines provided on the Dual Enrollment Calendar.
- Using the VWCC Student Information System (SIS), verify student class rosters and submit and confirm grades.
- Confirm that classroom textbooks are resources are approved by the VWCC program head.
- Maintain contact with the VWCC program head throughout the courses.
- Ensure that all VWCC course content that has been determined by the VWCC program head and found on the VWCC Course Outline is appropriately included in the high school curriculum.
- Submit completed instructor evaluation forms prepared by students.
- Maintain samples of assignments and evaluations as required by VWCC program heads.
- Instructors who meet the VCCS credentialing requirements may quality for adjunct teaching positions with VWCC should they seek that employment opportunity.
- Instructors who teach dual enrollment classes may qualify for tuition assistance for VWCC classes.
Credentials needed to teach dual enrollment classes can vary based on the subject.
|Part of an AS Degree|
Transfers to a 4-year college
|Master’s Degree in the field or Master’s plus 18 hours in the content area|
0 years of occupational experience
|Part of an AAS Degree||Bachelor’s Degree in the field|
2 years of occupational experience (not teaching)
|Non-Associate Degree Occupational Fields||AS in teaching field|
HS diploma with certification in the field
5 years of occupational experience (not teaching)
- Dual Enrollment Home
- Register for Dual Enrollment
- Campus Online Orientation
- Governor’s Scholar Program (HB1184)
- Regional Academy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Dual Enrollment Forms
- Enrollment Admission Criteria
- Tutoring & Student Services
- Disability Services
- Grades, Transcripts, Drops, Withdrawals & Records
- Information for High Schools
Dr. Kathryn H. Beard
Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Fishburn Hall F125C
3093 Colonial Ave SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!