Starting December 19th, the Testing Center will have an alternative schedule:
- Dec 19 – 23: Open 8AM – 5PM, make-up tests by appt only (call or email)
- Dec 24 – Jan 3: Closed
- Jan 4 – 6: Open 8AM – 5PM
- Jan 7: Closed
- Jan 9 – 10: Open 8AM – 5PM
- Jan 11 – 12: Open 8AM – 8PM
- Jan 13: Open 8AM – 5PM
- Jan 14: Open 9AM – 1PM
- Jan 16: Closed for MLK Day holiday
- Jan 17: First day of Spring 2023 classes, regular hours resume
Virginia Western students can come in any time we are open to complete their required assignments. Bring a government issued photo ID and your cell phone for multi-factor authentication.
Students who have accommodations through the Office of Disability Services will be required to make appointments 48 hours in advance. The link for making appointments will be given by the ODS staff. Please click on the “Accommodated Testing” link to the right for more information.
We will again be proctoring tests for students from other Virginia Community Colleges, please email us for more information. Please click on the “Non-VWCC Proctored Testing” link to the right for more information.
The Virginia Placement Test is still currently not required for most students. (Click here for more information)
- Most of the Testing Center services are free to students currently enrolled at Virginia Western Community College.
- Please do not bring children to campus when coming for testing services. No children can be in the building unattended waiting for a tester.
- Students must present their Virginia Western Student ID or another government issued photo ID to verify their identity in order to complete the proctored activity.
- Virginia Western students must know their MyVWCC username and password to get into their account in order to log into the Testing Center sign-in system.
- If the College is closed and classes are cancelled because of inclement weather, the Testing Center is also closed. Please check the home page of the website for any school closing announcements.
Finding the Testing Center
Parking lot 6, right outside the Brown Library Ground Floor, will be closed for the rest of the semester and the side door will be inaccessible. Please follow the directional signs to make your way to the front of the Brown Library Building. Handicapped students can park in any available space in Lot 5, but will need to enter Fishburn Hall, take the elevator to the 1st floor, walk down the ramp out the front door, walk around the front of Brown to the elevator, & enter the Brown Library elevator on the GR level. A campus map with ADA-accessible paths marked in orange can be viewed here: ADA Campus Map (PDF). If you have any questions, please call us at 540-857-7250.
The Testing Center is located on the ground floor of Brown Library.
When coming to Brown Library, please try to park on McNeil Drive, or if you have an ADA tag you can park in lot 5 or 6. Then enter Brown by the side door on the ground floor facing parking lot 6. Consult the Virginia Western parking regulations for more information.
Mon - Thurs: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Tests will not be given out in the Testing Center within 30 min of closing.
The library is closed whenever the college is closed for holidays or inclement weather.
Brown Library – Ground Floor
3095 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015