The Testing Center will be open all their regular hours through Saturday, December 18th.
December 20th – 23rd the Testing Center will be open 8AM – 5PM.
The College will be closed for Winter Break from December 24th – January 3rd. We will reopen at 8AM on January 4th.
Beginning Monday, August 23rd, the Testing Center will be open all our regular hours. Virginia Western students can come in anytime we are open to complete their required testing.
Students who have accommodations through the Office of Disability Services will be required to make appointments 48 hours in advance. The link for making appointments will be given by the ODS staff. Please click on the “Accommodated Testing” link to the right for more information.
We will again be proctoring tests for students from other Virginia Community Colleges, please email us for more information. Please click on the “Non-VWCC Proctored Testing” link to the right for more information.
The Virginia Placement Test is still currently not required for most students. (Click here for more information)
- Everyone who comes to the Testing Center will agree to abide by the COVID-19 policies and do a Health Self-Check before coming to campus.
- Facemasks must be worn at all times, which cover both your nose and mouth. In addition, social distancing must be maintained at all times. See COVID-19 Policy. If there is a medical reason that a student is not able to wear a facemask or face shield, please contact Hillary Holland in the Office of Disability Services to obtain accommodations before coming to campus – 540-857-7286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most of the Testing Center services are free to students currently enrolled at Virginia Western Community College.
- Please do not bring children to campus when coming for testing services. No children can be in the building unattended waiting for a tester.
- Students must present their Virginia Western Student ID or another government issued photo ID to verify their identity in order to complete the proctored activity.
- Virginia Western students must know their MyVWCC username and password to get into their account in order to log into the Testing Center sign-in system.
- If the College is closed and classes are cancelled because of inclement weather, the Testing Center is also closed. Please check the home page of the website for any school closing announcements.
Finding the Testing Center
The Testing Center is located on the ground floor of Brown Library.
When coming to Brown Library, please try to park on McNeil Drive, or if you have an ADA tag you can park in lot 5 or 6. Then enter Brown by the side door on the ground floor facing parking lot 6. Consult the Virginia Western parking regulations for more information.