The Testing Center will be closed on June 18th and 19th for the Juneteenth Holiday. And on July 3rd and 5th for the 4th of July Holiday.
Beginning Monday, May 24th through the end of the Summer Semester, August 7th, the Testing Center will only be open on a very limited basis and by appointment only.
We will only be proctoring tests for Virginia Western students enrolled in Virginia Western classes who are unable to take their tests at home, or for Virginia Western students who have certain testing accommodations that cannot be accomplished at home.
All other testing has been suspended, including the Virginia Placement Test. (Click here for more information)
- Every student must make an appointment for any test or assignment completed in the Testing Center. You must inform your Instructor first about your need to test on Campus and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you instructions and a link to the ESA Appointment App where you can make a testing appointment.
- Everyone who comes to the Testing Center will agree to abide by the COVID-19 policies and do a Health Self-Check before coming to campus.
- Facemasks must be worn at all times, which cover both your nose and mouth. In addition, social distancing must be maintained at all times. See COVID-19 Policy. If there is a medical reason that a student is not able to wear a facemask or face shield, please contact Hillary Holland in the Office of Disability Services to obtain accommodations before coming to campus – 540-857-7286 or email@example.com.
- Most of the Testing Center services are free to students currently enrolled at Virginia Western Community College.
- Students must not bring anyone else with them. No children or adults can be in the building waiting for a tester. Only students completing assignments will be allowed in the building. (If you need assistance because of a disability, please call us at 540-857-7250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to bring someone with you.)
- Students must present their Virginia Western Student ID or another government issued photo ID to verify their identity in order to complete the proctored activity.
- Virginia Western students must know their MyVWCC username and password to get into their account in order to log into the Testing Center sign-in system.
- If the College is closed and classes are cancelled because of inclement weather, the Testing Center is also closed. Please check the home page of the website for any school closing announcements.
Finding the Testing Center
The Testing Center is located on the ground floor of Brown Library.
When coming to Brown Library, please try to park on McNeil Drive, or if you have an ADA tag you can park in lot 5 or 6. Then enter Brown by the side door on the ground floor facing parking lot 6. Consult the Virginia Western parking regulations for more information.