The Testing Center will be closed May 28th-30th for Memorial Day, June 18th-20th for Juneteenth, and July 2nd-4th for Independence Day.
Summer semester hours in the Testing Center will be Monday 8AM – 8PM, Tuesday – Friday 8AM – 5PM and Saturday 9AM – 1PM. Virginia Western students can come in any time we are open to complete their required testing. Bring a government issued photo ID and your cell phone for multi-factor authentication.
Students who have accommodations through the Office of Disability Services will be required to make appointments 48 hours in advance. The link for making appointments will be given by the ODS staff. Please click on the “Accommodated Testing” link to the right for more information.
We will again be proctoring tests for students from other Virginia Community Colleges, please email us for more information. Please click on the “Non-VWCC Proctored Testing” link to the right for more information.
The Virginia Placement Test is still currently not required for most students. (Click here for more information)
- Everyone who comes to the Testing Center will agree to abide by the COVID-19 policies and do a Health Self-Check before coming to campus.
- Most of the Testing Center services are free to students currently enrolled at Virginia Western Community College.
- Please do not bring children to campus when coming for testing services. No children can be in the building unattended waiting for a tester.
- Students must present their Virginia Western Student ID or another government issued photo ID to verify their identity in order to complete the proctored activity.
- Virginia Western students must know their MyVWCC username and password to get into their account in order to log into the Testing Center sign-in system.
- If the College is closed and classes are cancelled because of inclement weather, the Testing Center is also closed. Please check the home page of the website for any school closing announcements.
Finding the Testing Center
The Testing Center is located on the ground floor of Brown Library.
When coming to Brown Library, please try to park on McNeil Drive, or if you have an ADA tag you can park in lot 5 or 6. Then enter Brown by the side door on the ground floor facing parking lot 6. Consult the Virginia Western parking regulations for more information.