Students should discuss with their school counselor their interest in registering for a dual enrollment class. Before you can enroll in any classes, you must apply to Virginia Western and meet the admission requirements for the college and any prerequisites for specific courses.
Apply to Virginia Western
Please take a few moments to review the VCCS Application Tutorial (PDF)
When you are ready, click the APPLY NOW button at the top of the webpage to begin the application. You will need to have access to your e-mail when you apply, as a verification code will be sent to you.
If you have previously applied to VWCC for summer programs or dual enrollment classes, you will need to know your VWCC Student ID Number (Emplid). If you do not know it, or your account has become inactive, you can look it up here.
Register for Dual Enrollment
1. Student Identification
When you have completed the application, you will be emailed your VWCC Student ID Number (Emplid), MyVWCC log-in information and temporary password.
- Write this down and put it in a safe place.
- You will need this information to register for classes, take placement tests, obtain your transcript, or any other communication with the college.
- It is very important that you keep your VWCC EMPLID number ALWAYS.
2. Admission Requirements
As a high school aged student, you need to demonstrate college readiness before you can enroll in any classes.
Students who would like to take a course that transfers to a four-year college/university must have a High School GPA of 3.0 or higher or meet the benchmark scores in SAT, ACT, PSAT and have passed Algebra I with a grade of “C” or higher. Additional math requirements may be needed for STEM classes (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Pre-Calc).
Please complete these forms and submit them to your high school dual enrollment counselor or scan them as a PDF file and email them to the Dual Enrollment Office at email@example.com.
- Under 18 Signature Form (PDF)
Students in 9th or 10th grade:
All Students taking classes on the VWCC Campus:
Register for Dual Enrollment Classes
At the High School
High school student class registration is submitted through your high school guidance department. First, you must apply to Virginia Western (see above). After you apply:
- Discuss with your school counselor which class(es) you wish to register for.
- The school counselor will provide the college information about your GPA and math grades.
- Provide your VWCC Student ID Number (Emplid) to your high school counseling office.
The high school will then submit the enrollment request to the college.
Classes at the College
Check the online class schedule and submit the Enrollment Approval Form to your high school counselor to sign and return to the college
- Dual Enrollment Home
- Register for Dual Enrollment
- Campus Online Orientation
- Governor’s Scholar Program (HB1184)
- Blue Ridge Partnership Funding
- Regional Academy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Dual Enrollment Forms
- Enrollment Admission Criteria
- Tutoring & Student Services
- Disability Services
- Grades, Transcripts, Drops, Withdrawals & Records
- Information for High Schools
Dr. Kathryn H. Beard
Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Fishburn Hall F125C
3093 Colonial Ave SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!