Department: United for Impact (VW-Northwest Collaborative)
Position Supervisor: Cheryl Hilton
Rate of Pay: $12/hour
Semester(s) of Assignment: Fall 2023 (8/21/23 – 12/14/23) and Spring 2024 (1/16/24 – 5/9/24)
Requested Work Schedule and Range of Days and Hours
Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: times vary
Sunday: times vary
Monday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Physical Location: Remote and off campus locations
VWCC employs United for Impact Assistants to support the efforts of the VW-Northwest Collaborative by participating in the United for Impact program. Under the supervision of the project lead, they perform the following duties to support the program:
- Assist with setting up and breaking down displays at local community events.
- Provide information about the Virginia Western student experience with general public at community events.
- Participate in orientation, training, professional development workshops, and other meetings as required.
- Assist with the development of events within respective communities by attending organizational meetings and serving as a project contact.
- Help to maintain a community wide calendar of events.
- Assist with the collection of contact information for community organizations and businesses.
- Assist with social media campaigns, posting of yard signs and the distribution of flyers.
- Assist with developing content for website.
- Assist in developing and implementing grassroots efforts that celebrate VWCC alumni and current students residing in Northwest and Southeast Roanoke.
Students working with this initiative will attend weekly strategy meetings (virtual and in person) with the project lead and community organizations to develop strategies to meet the goals of this initiative
General Qualifications: Students must have a strong desire to provide assistance to potential students and their families, must show initiative and flexibility, demonstrate good attention to detail, and be very reliable.
Performance Evaluations will be conducted shortly before the end of the job assignment.
Will the employee have access to sensitive information: No
Does the position require a specific program of study: No
Physical/Cognitive Requirements of Assignment
E = Essential; M = Marginal; N/A = Not Applicable
|Lifting: M||Light Lifting: M||Moderate Lifting: M|
|Heavy Lifting: N/A||Pushing/Pulling: M||Reaching: M|
|Walking: M||Repetitive Motion: M||Bending: M|
|Climbing: M||Other: E|
|Memory: E||Reasoning: E||Reading: E|
|Analyzing: E||Hearing: E||Logic: E|
|Verbal Communication: E||Written Communication: E|
|Fast Pace: M||Average Pace: E||Multiple Priorities: M|
|Intense Customer Interaction: M||Multiple Stimuli: M||Frequent Change: M|
To apply for this position, click the button below. Take note of the Supervisor Name and Supervisor Email, you will need those for the application.
Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!