There are several types of aid available to students who do not have sufficient financial resources to pay for their education. After filling out the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA), the school will send you an award notification via your VWCC email detailing the types of aid you are qualified for. It is important to understand the types of awards you are granted, the eligibility criteria you must meet, and any repayment stipulations.
- Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Direct PLUS Loan for Parents
- Federal Pell Grant
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Foster Care Tuition Grant Program
- Part-time Tuition Assistance Program (PTAP)
- Virginia Commonwealth Grant (COMA)
- Virginia Community College System Grant (VCCS)
- Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program (VGAP)
Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!