Please only complete the form below if you have already completed the Request for FWS Eligibility Determination and have received confirmation that you are eligible.
- FWS is a need-based program and part of the financial aid package. You must complete the FAFSA each year to determine if you are eligible.
- Completion of the Employment Application does not guarantee eligibility or placement in a FWS position.
- In assigning a FWS job, several factors are considered. These factors include a student’s financial need, the number of hours per week the student can work, the amount of other assistance available to the student, and the total work-study funds available.
- Applications are matched with department requests and students are assigned to areas that correspond with their interests and abilities. The work-study program is flexible — it allows students to work both off and on-campus, around class and study times.
- The number of work hours assigned is approximately 15 hours per week, while classes are in session.
- Employees currently working for VWCC in another capacity may not exceed 40 hours in any week between the two positions.
- You must be enrolled for at least six credit hours while you are employed as a work-study student at VWCC.
Note: You will need the job posting title and the supervisor email for the posting you are applying for.
Virginia Western Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and Diversity. The College does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, military service and/or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, age, genetics, care-giver status, disability, or other non-merit factors.
Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!