Did you know that you can ride Valley Metro for free with a current Virginia Western Student ID?
Bus service is provided Monday through Friday (no weekends) while classes are in session. Bus service is not provided on days the college is closed for holidays or severe weather. Students must show a student ID with a current enrollment sticker in order to ride for free.
Not sure what bus line you need to ride, and when you need to catch the bus? Use the Transit Icon on http://maps.google.com to find your route and schedule.
When boarding a Valley Metro bus, please remember to request a transfer pass from your driver. Doing this keeps the college from paying twice for the same trip.
Contact the Student Life Center with questions at 540‐857‐6326 or email@example.com.
Free service (with current Student ID sticker) is available during these dates:
- August 23 – December 16, 2021 (Fall)
- January 18 – May 13, 2022 (Spring)
- May 24 – August 2, 2022 (Summer)
Service is not provided between semesters or on the following holidays:
- May 31, 2021 (Memorial Day)
- June 20, 2021 (Juneteenth)
- September 6, 2021 (Labor Day)
- November 2, 2021 (Election Day)
- November 24-28, 2021 (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 24, 2021 – January 3, 2022 (Holiday Break)
- January 17, 2022 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
Bus Stop Locations
The east bound bus (headed toward Towers) has a stop at the plaza between the STEM Building and Webber Hall. The west bound bus (headed toward Tanglewood) has a stop at the bottom of the stairs between Fralin and the Business Science Building. (See image below.)