In accordance with the Clery Act, VWPD has compiled crime statistics from our campus, as well as surrounding jurisdictions.
Annual Security & Crime Reports
All reports are in PDF format.
- Annual Security Report for 2022 (published in 2023)
- Annual Security Report for 2021 (published in 2022)
- Annual Security Report for 2020 (published in 2021)
Incidents & Statistics
The safety and security of students, employees, and visitors to Virginia Western is of paramount importance to us. To that end the college provides a Daily Crime Log consisting of criminal incidents and alleged criminal incidents.
Our goal is to maintain a written, easily understood daily crime log that records; type of crime, criminal case number, date and time reported, date and time of occurrence, where in our campus geography the crime is said to have occurred, and the case’s final disposition.
Daily Crime Log – Calendar Year 2023
|Type of Crime||Case Number||Date/Time Reported||Date/Time Occurred||General Location||Disposition|
|Webber Hall||Disciplinary Referral|
|Student Center||Disciplinary Referral|
|Lot 9||Criminal Arrest|
- Campus Police Home
- About the Department
- Mission Statement/Code of Ethics
- Annual Clery Security Report
- Campus Security Authority (CSA)
- Threat Assessment/CARE Team
- Crisis Management
- Risk Management
- Safety Tips
- Health Safety
- Workplace Violence & Weapons
- Sex Offenders
- Feedback/Inquiries/Anonymous Report
College Services Building
3054 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!