To provide reliable support and resources for classroom technology, events and faculty throughout Virginia Western Community College’s campus and satellite campuses.
Organizational Objective and Strategic Goals
The Media Geeks provide instructional technology services for the Virginia Western campus community including the following:
- Providing Instructional media design and delivery
- Designing, deploying, and supporting classroom technology
- Supporting the lecture capture system, Panopto
- Recording and live streaming video for special events and presentations around the college and providing sound and lighting assistance for same
- Researching, promoting, and supporting innovation in technology used for teaching and learning
The Media Geek office is located in Business Science, Room M250.
Monday- Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Evening support until 10 PM is available by request with 30-day notice.
Please contact Joe Bear for approval.
*Special Note* Due to COVID 19, the Media Geeks are available 5:00 – 8:00 PM Monday-Thursday for phone support only. Please Call the Help Desk and choose option 1. During this time, hardware such as projectors or control systems may be down until the following business day.
As a general rule, the Media Geeks try to respond to every high priority call placed to the Help Desk within 10 minutes.