- For most programs, students must be a high school aged junior or senior
- For the Nurse Aide or Pharmacy Tech program, due to state testing requirements, students must be age 18 prior to completion of the program
- Click Here to apply to Virginia Western Community College.
- If you have previously applied to or taken any dual enrollment courses with Virginia Western and already have an EMPLID# (Virginia Western ID number), please proceed to Step 2.
- Students must have a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must meet the Admission and Placement Measures. Refer to this chart.
- Complete and submit the 1st Year Regional Academy Application Form.
- Submit all remaining 1st Year Regional Academy forms listed below. (These forms can be found on the Regional Academy Forms page.)
- Parent/Guardian and Student Commitment Form (All signatures must be signed on the form)
- Two Recommendation Forms
- Students must submit two recommendation forms. One letter of recommendation must come from a math or science teacher. The second recommendation form can be filled out by a second teacher or a community leader.
- Under 18 Parent Signature Form
- Dual Enrollment- HB1184 Declaration of Intent Form
- Student Information Release Form (FERPA)
- An unofficial copy of your High School transcript
- All Regional Academy forms can either be:
- Faxed to the Dual Enrollment Office at (540) 857-6478,
- Scanned & E-mailed to email@example.com;
- Students accepted into the Regional Academy will be responsible for completing the Enrollment Approval Form and obtaining High School approval signature prior to each semester.
Completed applications are accepted November 1st through March 31st.
- Space is limited. Application selection and review by the college will begin as soon as a student’s completed application is submitted to the Dual Enrollment Office.
- Your application must have all components before it is considered complete. Call the Dual Enrollment Office at (540) 857-7313, if you need additional information or have questions regarding the application process. You may also E-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academy tuition must be paid at the time of course registration or no later than August 1st for the Fall semester and December 1st for the Spring semester. Click here for ways to pay tuition and fees. Students can also contact our Cashier’s Office, (540) 857- 6312, for more information regarding tuition payment.
- Students will follow the VWCC campus academic calendar which may be different than the high school calendar. Please refer to that for information regarding course start dates, course drops, withdrawal and refunds.
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the computer access requirements required by the college. For more information, please review the requirements here. MOST COMPUTERS ISSUED BY THE HIGH SCHOOLS WILL NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.
NOTE: Scholarship assistance for students interested in applying to the Pre-Health, Nurse Aide, Pharmacy Technician, Health Science or Medical Billing programs may be available. Click here for more info.
Acceptance and New Student Orientation
Acceptance will be communicated through E-mail to the student. Students accepted into the Regional Academy will be required to participate in an orientation prior to the start of the Fall semester. Details of the orientation will be provided at a later date.