The Healthcare programs at Virginia Western prepare students with the skills and expertise needed to establish meaningful careers in today’s dynamic and challenging health care environment. With the rising demand for health care services, the need for qualified individuals continues to grow. Virginia Western offers programs to prepare students for careers in nursing, dental hygiene, radiography, radiation oncology, medical laboratory technician, phlebotomy, and more.
Your goals, interests, work values, previous education and experience, are factors to consider when charting your career pathway. Advisors at Virginia Western provide career guidance to help you determine the most ideal starting point and identify a career path that fits your needs. Click here to see an example Nursing Career Pathway (PDF).
- Computed Tomography (CT) Imaging (Fast Track) (available online)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Fast Track)
- Health Records Coding (Fast Track)
- Introduction to Dental Hygiene
- Introduction to Medical Laboratory Technician
- Introduction to Nursing
- Introduction to Physical Therapist Assistant
- Introduction to Practical Nursing
- Introduction to Radiation Oncology
- Introduction to Radiography
- Introduction to Surgical Technology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) (Fast Track) (available online)
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist - Advanced
- Medical Billing (Fast Track)
- Phlebotomy (Fast Track)
AAS - Designed to prepare students to directly enter the workforce. Some programs may transfer to 4-year institutions.
AS & AA - Designed to transfer to a 4-year institution.
Certificate - Programs that are less than two years in length in an occupational area.
CSC - Programs that are less than one year of length in an occupational area.
Career Training Certifications - Non-credit courses for business and industry training, retraining, and certifications, as well as personal enrichment.