Culinary Arts: Professional Catering
Did you know that Virginia Western Community College offers quality culinary education that is accredited by The American Culinary Federation? Did you ever dream of cooking for touring musicians, your favorite sports team, or on Hollywood film sets? A certificate in Professional Catering at Virginia Western Community College prepares you to pursue the dynamic career path of professional catering.
Additional Benefits for Culinary Program Students
- ServSafe Food Manager Certification
- ServSafe Alcohol Safety Certification
- ACF membership upon graduation
- ACF meetings held monthly for interested students
Mandatory Cutlery and Uniform Requirements
- Two (2) full uniforms, if taking more than one lab (if only taking 1 lab, 1 uniform is sufficient, so long as it is kept clean), consisting of: Chef Jacket with school logo and your name embroidered on it; black & white checkered pants; neckerchief; neckerchief slide; white apron; white baker’s cap; black hard-style non-skid shoes with closed heel and toe (sneakers/tennis shoes/soft cloth shoes will NOT be permitted).
- In accordance with the Virginia Health Code 12VAC5-421-200 (Prohibition of jewelry) and ACFEF Standard 5.11, there will be no jewelry of any kind (to include medical information jewelry) permitted in the classrooms or labs, with the exception of a plain, metal band.
Local Job Opportunities
Webber Hall W305
School of Business, Technology & Trades
3098 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
James Zeisler, Sr., CEC, CCA, CDM, CFPP
Instructor, Culinary Arts
Claude Moore Education Complex
109 Henry St NW, Roanoke, VA 24016
A.O.S.: Culinary Arts – Johnson & Wales University, 1992
Certificate: Dietary Management, University of Florida, 1999