The mission of the Virginia Western Community College Culinary Program is to:
- Equip the students with the needed skills to enter into the culinary industry.
- Prepare the students to be professionals at all times.
- Create lasting relationships with local businesses and citizens of the Roanoke Region, to promote economic vitality of the area.
The mission can be achieved through adherence to the following goals:
- Teaching professionalism daily; leading by example.
- Creating partnerships with local, charitable organizations, to give students opportunity to hone skills.
- Teaching the demands of the food service industry in a realistic manner.
- Commitment to upholding the high standards of the food service industry.
- Creating an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Encourage students to continue their education.
- Garnering mutual respect.
Webber Hall W305
School of Business, Technology & Trades
3098 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
James Zeisler, Sr., CEC, CCA, CDM, CFPP
Instructor, Culinary Arts
Claude Moore Education Complex
109 Henry St NW, Roanoke, VA 24016
A.O.S.: Culinary Arts – Johnson & Wales University, 1992
Certificate: Dietary Management, University of Florida, 1999