Canvas is Virginia Western’s course management system, where you can access your syllabi, course materials, assignments, tests, discussion forums, and course calendars.
At Virginia Western Community College, we believe that all students deserve a collaborative and supportive learning environment that addresses the unique needs of each student. The Canvas platform gives us an opportunity to reimagine learning and teaching to empower faculty and engage students to ensure their success.
How do I access Canvas?
1. Click MyVWCC in the navigation above from this or any page of Virginia Western’s website.
2. Sign in using your MyVWCC username and password. (This information is emailed to your student email account after you’ve completed the Application for Admission.)
3. Find and click on the Canvas tile to access the Canvas app.
How do I use Canvas?
Below is a set of useful text and video resources and step-by-step guides on how to do just about anything in Canvas:
- Canvas Overview for Students – an excellent starting point if you’re new to Canvas.
- Canvas Student Guides – a list of tutorials covering pretty much every feature of Canvas.
- Canvas Student Video Guides – if you’d rather watch than read, make some popcorn and browse these video tutorials.
How do I get help with Canvas?
If you’re having trouble, and you can’t find what you’re looking for in the resources above, you have access to 24/7/365 support using the Canvas Help & Support resources below.
- Want to chat with a Canvas expert? Chat with Canvas Support
- Call or Email Canvas, anytime. They are here to help! call: (877) 875-8359 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your Canvas course, there is a help button on the lower left global navigation menu. Clicking it will bring you to all of these help and support resources.
Having difficulty connecting to Canvas and wondering if it’s just you? Check Canvas Status