Canvas is Virginia Western’s course management system, where you can access your syllabi, course materials, assignments, tests, discussion forums, and course calendars.
At Virginia Western Community College, we believe that all students deserve a collaborative and supportive learning environment that addresses the unique needs of each student. The Canvas platform gives us an opportunity to reimagine learning and teaching to empower faculty and engage students to ensure their success.
How do I access Canvas?
1. Click MyVWCC in the navigation above from this or any page of Virginia Western’s website.
2. Sign in using your MyVWCC username and password. (This information is emailed to your student email account after you’ve completed the Application for Admission.)
3. Find and click on the Canvas tile to access the Canvas app.
You also can download the Canvas mobile app on your mobile device:
How do I use Canvas?
Below is a set of useful text and video resources and step-by-step guides on how to do just about anything in Canvas:
- Canvas Overview for Students – an excellent starting point if you’re new to Canvas.
- Canvas Student Guides – a list of tutorials covering pretty much every feature of Canvas.
- Canvas Student Video Guides – if you’d rather watch than read, make some popcorn and browse these video tutorials.
How do I get help with Canvas?
If you’re having trouble, and you can’t find what you’re looking for in the resources above, you may use the 24/7/365 Canvas Support live chat or hotline.
You can contact Canvas Support by clicking on the “?“ icon on the bottom left of global navigation menu. There you will find a link to the Canvas Guides, a link for live chat, and the support phone number.
Having difficulty connecting to Canvas and wondering if it’s just you? Check Canvas Status
Virginia Western Community College is an approved institution of the National Council of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. Click here to learn more about how VWCC’s participation in NC-SARA benefits you as a Distance Learning student.
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!