1. Get Ideas
- Notify Grants Development and Special Projects office of areas of interest.
- Review grant announcements and grant-related websites.
2. Get Proposal Idea Approval
Grant Application Approval Form (PDF) (DOCX) must be completed (including pertinent signatures) and sent to the Grants Development and Special Projects Office for review prior to the application filing.
3. Finishing Drafting Proposal
Upon final approval by college, the project manager prepares final draft of proposal for submission.
4. Submit Proposal to Grants Office
- Final proposal sent to the Grants Development and Special Projects Office for signatures.
- Should be done 10 business days prior to application deadline or no later than 5 business days before application deadline.
5. Send Proposal to Sponsor
After Grants Development and Special Projects Office review and President or designee signs proposal, it is returned to Project Manager to send to sponsor. Federal and State proposals are submitted by the Grants Office.
6. If Grant Funded, Startup Meeting Held
- Grants Development and Special Projects Office arrange kick-off meeting with appropriate individuals.
- Finance Office provides Budget Code for project.
- Other reporting instructions relayed to Project Manager.
7. BEGIN PROJECT
Be sure to follow procurement, personnel, and reporting procedures.
For additional information, please contact the Grants Development and Special Projects Office at 540-857-6084 or email email@example.com.