How We Can Help You
The Grants Development & Special Projects Office:
- Meets with faculty and staff to learn about their project interests and funding needs
- Notifies individual of grant opportunities pertinent to specific areas of interest
- Maintains a library of resource materials for locating funding and preparing proposals
- Assists faculty and staff in the preparation of applications by acting as liaison with funding agencies, providing editorial and budget assistance, and reviewing for compliance with agency regulations and guidelines
- Offers faculty workshops on proposal writing, to include budget-relevant information and funding opportunities
- Provides information for both public and private funding agencies
Become a Grant Champion
The Grants Development and Special Projects Office, a division of Institutional Advancement, works in partnership with Virginia Western Community College administration, deans, faculty, and classified staff to secure external funding for curricular, program-related and special projects.
It is the Mission of the Grants Development Office to advance Virginia Western Community College’s emerging initiatives that are aligned and consistent with the goals of the college.
Additional grants development and management resources are available for faculty and staff on the Institutional Advancement section of VW Connect (Virginia Western login required).
Director of Grants Development & Special Projects
Grants Development Office
Fishburn Hall F204
3093 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!