What ideas are exciting you lately? Anything you want to learn? Anything our campus should be talking more about?
Don’t hold back … your ideas could turn into reality.
The VCCS offers two types of professional development grants for projects you would like to see happen in Summer 2019:
- The Paul Lee Professional Development Grant, which awards up to $2,500 in the summer. (Open to all full-time and adjunct faculty.) Unallowable expenses include equipment, supplies, books, software, and student activities.
- The Paul Lee Workshop Mini-Grant, with a maximum award of $1,500. (Open to all VCCS employees, including adjunct faculty and classified staff.) Funds are for conducting a conference/ workshop/ in-service activity, and can include food. The event must involve more than one VCCS college.
The deadline for applications is Friday, Feb. 1.
The VCCS suggests the following topics to get your ideas percolating:
- Initiatives to enhance student success
- Discipline-specific projects
- Information literacy
- Faculty learning communities
- Student learning communities
- Initiatives enhancing the use of technology in teaching and learning
- Best practices in global awareness
- Leadership development
- Developmental education
- Alternative evaluation systems
To review the online application and learn more about these grants, go to https://opd.vccs.edu/awards/grants/
The grants office would be happy to talk through you ideas. Please note all proposals must be reviewed by our office prior to submission. Please contact Marilyn Herbert-Ashton ( email@example.com | 857-6372) or myself ( firstname.lastname@example.org | 857-76084) for assistance.