Effective November 1, 2021, the cost for Virginia Western official electronic transcripts will increase to $8. This increased fee will be used to grant Virginia Western graduates access to online diploma services through vendor-partner Parchment in the coming months. If you have questions or concerns about this fee increase or the expanded services it will be used to provide, please email email@example.com.
Parchment is a secure, reliable, electronic transcript system being used by Virginia Western. Transcripts ordered through Parchment:
- Provide a faster turnaround time.
- Eliminate opportunities for fraudulent transcript delivery.
- Provide maximum data integrity.
- Are trackable throughout the process from order to receipt.
- Are available in electronic version as well as hard copy.
- Can be uploaded to the Common Application.
- Can be purchased by debit or credit card.
- Generate email confirmations when the:
- order is placed,
- transcript has been sent out, and
- eTranscript has been downloaded by the recipient.
Before You Request Your Transcript
- Check your academic records to ensure all grades are posted. (Dual Enrolled Students note your grades are posted at a later date than currently enrolled college students.) Transcript requests cannot be held for the posting of grades, certificates, or degree awards. If a grade or degree has not been posted when you request your transcript, you will need to request and pay for another official transcript after your grades or degree is posted.
- Transcripts cost $8 for each electronic copy and the fee for a hard copy may be more for each paper hard copy. All transcripts must be purchased by credit or debit card.
- Parchment cannot hold a credit card pre-authorization for more than 30 days, so all open orders are canceled after 30 days. You will be sent a notification email when the order is canceled, informing you of the cancellation and giving you instructions on entering a new order if desired.
- Your credit card will be authorized for the purchase amount when the transcript is requested, but your credit card is not charged until the documents are processed successfully.
- You can attach all required documents (ex. for law or medical school admission services), using the attachment feature.
- If you request a hard copy of your transcript to be sent to you, this is considered an official transcript and will be delivered in a sealed envelope. Do not open your transcript if you plan to send the transcript to a college or organization. An opened transcript is considered unofficial by most colleges and organizations.
- If you have questions about transcript content or graduation, email the College Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The button below will take you directly to the VWCC Parchment to set up your account and request your transcripts.