Effective November 1, 2021, the cost for Virginia Western official electronic transcripts will increase to $8. This increased fee will be used to grant Virginia Western graduates access to online diploma services through vendor-partner Parchment in the coming months. If you have questions or concerns about this fee increase or the expanded services it will be used to provide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parchment is a secure, reliable, electronic transcript system being used by Virginia Western. Transcripts ordered through Parchment:
- Provide a faster turnaround time.
- Eliminate opportunities for fraudulent transcript delivery.
- Provide maximum data integrity.
- Are trackable throughout the process from order to receipt.
- Are available in electronic version as well as hard copy.
- Can be uploaded to the Common Application.
- Can be purchased by debit or credit card.
- Generate email confirmations when the:
- order is placed,
- transcript has been sent out, and
- eTranscript has been downloaded by the recipient.
Before You Request Your Transcript
- Check your academic records to ensure all grades are posted. (Dual Enrolled Students note your grades are posted at a later date than currently enrolled college students.) Transcript requests cannot be held for the posting of grades, certificates, or degree awards. If a grade or degree has not been posted when you request your transcript, you will need to request and pay for another official transcript after your grades or degree is posted.
- Transcripts cost $8 for each electronic copy and the fee for a hard copy may be more for each paper hard copy. All transcripts must be purchased by credit or debit card.
- Parchment cannot hold a credit card pre-authorization for more than 30 days, so all open orders are canceled after 30 days. You will be sent a notification email when the order is canceled, informing you of the cancellation and giving you instructions on entering a new order if desired.
- Your credit card will be authorized for the purchase amount when the transcript is requested, but your credit card is not charged until the documents are processed successfully.
- You can attach all required documents (ex. for law or medical school admission services), using the attachment feature.
- If you request a hard copy of your transcript to be sent to you, this is considered an official transcript and will be delivered in a sealed envelope. Do not open your transcript if you plan to send the transcript to a college or organization. An opened transcript is considered unofficial by most colleges and organizations.
- If you have questions about transcript content or graduation, email the College Records Office at email@example.com.
The button below will take you directly to the VWCC Parchment to set up your account and request your transcripts.
Chapman Hall C107
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!