Students may be granted credit for courses, programs, and credentials offered by employers, professional organizations and other agencies if those courses, programs, or credentials have been evaluated by faculty at Virginia Western, or accepted third party evaluations.
Process for Evaluating Programs or Credentials
Students must provide credential documentation (license, certificate, etc.). Because each program’s requirements may differ, please verify with the department dean or program head the acceptable form of credential documentation (original, copy, fax, etc.).
- Credit for Prior Learning Home
- Prior Learning/Graduation Requirements
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Credit for Credentials
- Military Training
- Credit by Evaluated Program (ACE/NCCRS)
- Experiential Learning/Work Experience
- Previous College Transfer Credit
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Credit by Exam (Challenge & IB Exams)
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!