Students may be granted credit for courses or programs offered by employers, professional organizations and other agencies if those courses or programs have been evaluated and recommended for course credit by the American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service or the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS). Virginia Western is not obligated to accept every recommendation made by ACE or NCCRS.
American Council on Education (ACE)
- Refer to the American Council on Education’s National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training at https://www.acenet.edu/nationalguide to determine if the student’s employee training program has been recognized for credit.
- If the training program has been recognized for credit, the student needs to request a transcript by utilizing the CREDIT Online Transcript System found at https://www2.acenet.edu/credit. ACE will send the transcript to Virginia Western on behalf of the student
National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS)
- Refer to the college credit recommendations directory at http://www.nationalccrs.org/course-credit-directory to determine if the course has been evaluated for college credit recommendation and to view detailed information about the course and credit recommendation. If the organization in not in the directory, be sure to look in the Former Members link.
- Student must contact the organization that sponsored the course or learning experience and have an official transcript sent to the Virginia Western records office (NCCRS does NOT issue transcripts.)
- Credit for Prior Learning Home
- Prior Learning/Graduation Requirements
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Credit for Credentials
- Military Training
- Credit by Evaluated Program (ACE/NCCRS)
- Experiential Learning/Work Experience
- Previous College Transfer Credit
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Credit by Exam (Challenge & IB Exams)
Credit for Prior Learning Specialist
Chapman Hall C107
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!