Explore various ways to earn credit for prior learning by exams such as CLEP, DSST, AP, IB and VWCC Challenge exams. A successful performance on these exams can lead to college credit, potentially saving the student time and money.
- CLEP exams allow students to demonstrate their proficiency in specific subjects.
- DSST exams assess students’ knowledge in various subjects.
- Challenge exams are locally developed department exams allowing students to demonstrate their knowledge in a particular course. They are not offered for all courses.
- AP exams can be taken by high school students taking Advance Placement courses. A strong score may enable students to skip introductory courses.
- IB exams can be taken by high school students taking International Baccalaureate courses. A strong score may enable students to skip introductory courses.
Students wishing to use any of the exams listed should check with VWCC regarding the availability and acceptance of these alternatives. Additionally, students should consult with an academic advisor to determine the best option for their individual academic goals and degree requirements.
For more information on each type of exam, click the corresponding box below.
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!