As you are advising students, the following resources might be useful to you. These links should take you to the most updated versions of this information.
- Credit for Prior Learning – Offers explanations about the different ways students can earn Credit for Prior Learning, as well as a link to the “College Credit through Prior Learning” booklet. Credit for Prior Learning Guidebook
- Advising Forms – Links Records forms page, which houses many of the forms often needed when engaged in academic advising including: Request for Transcript Evaluation, Request for Military Transcript Evaluation, Program/Plan Change Form, Release of Information Form, and Petition for Academic Renewal
- Advising Syllabus (PDF) – Links to the Advising Syllabus. This is also found in all Blackboard courses within the Student Resources folder of the Syllabus section.
- CCAP Advising – Links to CCAP FAQ page, which includes the specific requirements that students must meet to remain eligible for CCAP.
- College Catalog – Links to the current college catalogue. Previous catalogues can be found at the bottom of the page (under Archived Catalogs) or in the Records Office.
- Developmental Education – Provides an overview of the different developmental courses Virginia Western offers. Additional resources for Developmental Math include:
- Financial Aid – Links to the main Financial Aid webpage, which offers a lot of useful information geared towards students. Some information most useful when advising can be found in the Policies & Condition section. If students have questions beyond what the website can answer, please encourage them to visit the Financial Aid Office or email email@example.com .
- Graduation – Links to the graduation page.
- MyVWCC Help – Provides tutorials that show you how to navigate SIS.
- Placement Testing – Offers information about Placement Testing at Virginia Western, including information about exemptions, retesting and preparation for the test.
- Student Academic Advising – Links to the Academic Advising page geared towards enrolled students. Covers topics such as: advising structure, credit hours, and selecting a program of study.
- Transfer Advising – Offers information geared towards students who are planning to transfer from Virginia Western, including official Transfer Agreements, lists of transfer courses, and resources for students to consult when planning to transfer.
All files are in PDF format.