Assemble the following items before beginning the application:
- Know your current cumulative high school or Virginia Western grade point average (GPA).
- Know how many Virginia Western credits you have earned (completed) to date.
- Have an electronic copy of your most recent college or high school academic transcript (unofficial is accepted).
- Have at-hand the names and email addresses of 3 persons willing to provide recommendations for you online. At least one recommendation must be a Virginia Western instructor if applicant is enrolled at the college. If recently attending/graduated from high school, applicant may use a high school teacher(s) to provide recommendations.
- Follow step-by-step directions for applying in the How to Apply help document..
To apply for any Educational Foundation scholarship, you must meet minimum criteria:
- Have a current minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- High school seniors may apply if attending Virginia Western upon graduation.
If awarded a scholarship, the recipient must:
- Be enrolled in at least six (6) credits in the semester of award, unless the criteria for the scholarship being offered requires that the recipient be enrolled in more. Note: full-time enrollment is equal to 12 or more credits.
- Must maintain the criteria for the scholarship at the end of the semester of initial award to receive award in following semester if scholarship is renewable.
Fishburn Hall – F214
TTY: 800-855-2880 All users: 711
3093 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!