The Behavioral Health and Wellness Advocate is on campus to:
- Provide support to and advocate on behalf of students attending VWCC
- Assist students in crisis and help develop plans for them
- Provide behavioral assessments and interventions
- Provide support and consultation to faculty and staff
- Provide support, assistance and advocacy to veterans and military individuals enrolled in classes at VWCC
- Make community referrals for students with behavioral health or other needs
- Monitor student conduct issues and facilitate student success regarding resolutions
- Maintain membership on the college’s Threat Assessment Team and Campus Assessment Response & Evaluation (CARE) Team
Faculty may access assistance by completing the Concerning Behavior Referral Form or by telephone.
Students may self-refer for assistance or may complete the Concerning Behavior Referral Form if concerned about another student.
Kimberly Stafford, LPC, NCC
Student Center S207E
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!