The Intervention Counselor is on campus to:
- Provide support to and advocate on behalf of students attending VWCC
- Assist students in crisis and help develop plans for them
- Provide behavioral assessments and interventions
- Provide support and consultation to faculty and staff
- Provide support, assistance and advocacy to veterans and military individuals enrolled in classes at VWCC
- Make community referrals for students with behavioral health or other needs
- Monitor student conduct issues and facilitate student success regarding resolutions
- Maintain membership on the college’s Threat Assessment Team and Campus Assessment Response & Evaluation (CARE) Team
- Assist international students with the process of applying to VWCC, including providing I-20s to those who qualify
Faculty may access assistance by email or telephone.
Students may self-refer for assistance or faculty and staff may refer individuals for assessment and planning with the Intervention Counselor.