Students transferring from another institution, including other Virginia community colleges, must fill out an application to Virginia Western. Begin here!

You should also have official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended (except other Virginia community colleges) submitted directly to the Enrollment Center at the following address:

VWCC Enrollment Center
3094 Colonial Avenue SW
Roanoke, VA 24015

Students who are ineligible to return to a college previously attended will generally not be eligible to enroll at Virginia Western until at least one semester has elapsed. Special conditions will be imposed as deemed appropriate by the college.

Requesting Transcript Evaluation

Students must initiate a formal request to have transcripts from other institutions evaluated for credit. If you are transferring from another Virginia community college, a Request for Transcript Evaluation Form (PDF) can be submitted to the Enrollment Center. Only official transcripts will be evaluated.

If you are transferring from another institution, click here for more information about transcript evaluation.