- This curriculum is designed to give students the knowledge and skills needed to secure servers and network infrastructures.
- Topics include how to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks and servers, and to mitigate security threats.
- The student can sit for the CompTIA Security+ Certification and CompTIA Linux+ Certification.
- This is a two-year academy
- Current students in 10th or 11th grade are encouraged to apply
- This program is offered on-line
Benefits to Students
- Students will complete the requirements to earn the IT: Cyber Security Career Studies Certificate and to partially complete the IT: Cyber Security and Network Administration Specialization, A.A.S. degree.
- Employment opportunities include entry-level positions as a Network Analyst, Security Analyst, or a Security Architect.
- Earn college credits while in high school
- Gain valuable knowledge of exciting careers in IT and Cyber Security
- Engage with and learn from seasoned faculty with significant experience
- Interact with Virginia Western and other high school aged students
- Applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to the college
- Students must complete the Academy Application (online) and submit all supporting documentation noted in the application.
- Students must meet the program admission requirements – High school GPA of 3.0+ and completion of Algebra II with a “C” or higher
- Students must maintain a 2.5+ VWCC GPA to remain in the program
Dr. Kathryn H. Beard
Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Fishburn Hall F125C
3093 Colonial Ave SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!