- This curriculum is designed to give students the knowledge and skills needed to secure servers and network infrastructures.
- Topics include how to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks and servers, and to mitigate security threats.
- The student can sit for the CompTIA Security+ Certification and CompTIA Linux+ Certification.
- This is a two-year academy
- Current students in 10th or 11th grade are encouraged to apply
- This program is offered on-line
Benefits to Students
- Students will complete the requirements to earn the IT: Cyber Security Career Studies Certificate and to partially complete the IT: Cyber Security and Network Administration Specialization, A.A.S. degree.
- Employment opportunities include entry-level positions as a Network Analyst, Security Analyst, or a Security Architect.
- Earn college credits while in high school
- Gain valuable knowledge of exciting careers in IT and Cyber Security
- Engage with and learn from seasoned faculty with significant experience
- Interact with Virginia Western and other high school aged students
- Applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to the college
- Students must complete the Academy Application (online) and submit all supporting documentation noted in the application.
- Students must meet the program admission requirements – High school GPA of 3.0+ and completion of Algebra II with a “C” or higher
- Students must maintain a 2.5+ VWCC GPA to remain in the program