Culinary Arts: Baking & Pastry
Did you know that Virginia Western Community College offers quality culinary education that is accredited by The American Culinary Federation? Is your goal to open your very own bakery or pastry shop? A career study certificate in Baking and Pastry will help teach you the versatile skills required to be successful.
This program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation.
Graduation & Employment
Additional Benefits for Culinary Program Students
- ServSafe Food Manager Certification
- ServSafe Alcohol Safety Certification
- ACF membership upon graduation
- ACF meetings held monthly for interested students
Mandatory Cutlery and Uniform Requirements
- Two (2) full uniforms, if taking more than one lab (if only taking 1 lab, 1 uniform is sufficient, so long as it is kept clean), consisting of: Chef Jacket with school logo and your name embroidered on it; black & white checkered pants; neckerchief; neckerchief slide; white apron; white baker’s cap; black hard-style non-skid shoes with closed heel and toe (sneakers/tennis shoes/soft cloth shoes will NOT be permitted). Baking Uniform Pricing (PDF)
- In accordance with the Virginia Health Code 12VAC5-421-200 (Prohibition of jewelry) and ACFEF Standard 5.11, there will be no jewelry of any kind (to include medical information jewelry) permitted in the classrooms or labs, with the exception of a plain, metal band.
Explore Careers Related to This Pathway