Culinary Arts: Advanced Foodservice
Want to increase your skills in the culinary arts field for more opportunity? As advanced culinary jobs become more in demand, restaurant and foodservice owners will seek out employees who are highly trained and educated. Earning an Advanced Food Service Career Studies Certificate is a step in the right direction to make sure you stand out and get noticed.
This program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation.
Additional Resources & Benefits for Culinary Program Students
- ServSafe Food Manager Certification
- ServSafe Alcohol Safety Certification
- ACF membership upon graduation
- ACF meetings held monthly for interested students
Mandatory Cutlery and Uniform Requirements
- Two (2) full uniforms, if taking more than one lab (if only taking 1 lab, 1 uniform is sufficient, so long as it is kept clean), consisting of: Chef Jacket with school logo and your name embroidered on it; black & white checkered pants; neckerchief; neckerchief slide; white apron; white baker’s cap; black hard-style non-skid shoes with closed heel and toe (sneakers/tennis shoes/soft cloth shoes will NOT be permitted).
- In accordance with the Virginia Health Code 12VAC5-421-200 (Prohibition of jewelry) and ACFEF Standard 5.11, there will be no jewelry of any kind (to include medical information jewelry) permitted in the classrooms or labs, with the exception of a plain, metal band.
Explore Careers Related to This Pathway