The building trades programs at Virginia Western are designed to provide students with the basic skills necessary to obtain entry-level positions. Employment opportunities include carpentry, electrical, HVAC, horticulture hard-scaping, general construction, plumbing and welding. Students in these programs of study can complete their certifications in a fast track environment that can be completed in a year or less. Many of our courses within the programs are tied to industry certifications.
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC) - Residential (Fast Track)
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC) - Commercial (Fast Track)
- Automotive Analysis & Repair
- Building Trades Technology (Fast Track)
- Construction Management (Fast Track)
- Electrical Wiring (Fast Track)
- Horticulture Technology (Fast Track)
- Maintenance Technology (Fast Track)
- Welding & Metal Processing (Fast Track)
AAS - Designed to prepare students to directly enter the workforce. Some programs may transfer to 4-year institutions.
AS & AA - Designed to transfer to a 4-year institution.
Certificate - Programs that are less than two years in length in an occupational area.
CSC - Programs that are less than one year of length in an occupational area.
Career Training Certifications - Non-credit courses for business and industry training, retraining, and certifications, as well as personal enrichment.