The Virginia Western Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. is an independent not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) foundation.
To drive a thriving culture of innovative support and philanthropy that enables Virginia Western to dramatically transform individual lives, strengthen communities, and advance economic development.
- Foster lifelong relationships, partnerships and collaborations with all stakeholders
- Support access to lifelong learning opportunities
- Attract and soundly steward financial resources
- Advocate and enact innovative initiatives
- Enhance awareness of the Foundation and the College
The Virginia Western Educational Foundation, Inc. will not sell, trade or share donor’s personal or contact information with any other organization. Donor names may be published in Virginia Western Educational Foundation communication materials and media, unless a donor chooses for his/her name not to be listed and so notes in writing to the Virginia Western Educational Foundation.
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is comprised of an array of hard-working, committed professional and civic leaders who have a true vision for Virginia Western and its connection to the community.
- Board Chair: Deborah L. Petrine
- Board Vice Chair: Russ Ellett
- Board Treasurer: Chris Carey
- Board Secretary: Tammy Moss Finley
- Immediate Past-Chair: William J. Farrell, II
- Local Board Chair: John R. Francis
- College President: Robert H. Sandel, Ed.D.
- Chair, Development Committee: Barton “Bart” J. Wilner
- Chair, Finance & Audit Committee: J. David Wine
- Chair, Nominating Committee: W. Heywood Fralin
- Chair, Scholarship & Foundation Grants Committee: Edwin “Ed” C. Hall
- Kenneth J. Belton
- Abney S. Boxley, III
- Nicholas C. Conte
- David Dantlzer
- Christopher Desimone, Esq.
- Katherin A. Elam
- W. Heywood Fralin
- Edwin C. Hall
- Leon P. Harris
- Joseph Hoff
- Rick James, P.E.
- Stephen W. Lemon
- George W. Logan
- Mark R. Pace
- Andrew J. Parker
- Kirtesh Patel
- J. Kenneth Randolph
- Barton J. Wilner
- J. David Wine
Nicholas F. Taubman
- G. Len Boone
- G. Franklin Flippin
- William H. Fralin, Jr.
- John R. Francis, Jr.
- Stanard F. Lanford
- Elizabeth W. Payne, Ed.D.
- John B. Williamson, III
Scholarship & Foundation Grants Committee Community Volunteers
- Phil Barbour
- Elvir Berbic
- Shanna Flowers
- Sheila Herron
- Rolando Holmes
- Dr. Hal Irwin
- Shirl Duke Lamanca
- Scott Steele
- Elizabeth A. Testerman
|Vice President of Institutional Advancement, Director of Grants and Special Projects and Dean of Nursing|
Fishburn Hall F214A
|Educational Support Specialist III|
Fishburn Hall F213
- Educational Foundation Home
- About the Educational Foundation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Giving – Make a Difference
- Make College Possible (CCAP2)
- Student Emergency Fund
- Give to the VWCC Student Food Co-op
- Bright Ideas Innovation Grants
- Alumni Association
- Give to the Community Arboretum
Fishburn Hall – F214
TTY: All users: 711
3093 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!