Position Number: 00251
Reports to: Dean of Learning Resources (00048)
The primary purpose of this position is to support instructional excellence, enhance student learning through the use of instructional technologies, and build capacity to provide flexible, high-quality online learning environments. This position will serve as the primary Learning Management System (LMS) administrator, the Shared Services Distance Learning (SSDL) Liaison, and the instructional technology trainer.
Work Tasks & Duties
Serves as Primary Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator (45%)
- Responsible for managing the setup, maintenance and functional operations of the LMS
- Interface with VCCS System’s Office LMS administrator to ensure smooth operations, regular updates and improvements, the availability of necessary 3rd party LMS integrations
- Provide 1:1 technical assistance to faculty in implementing rich instructional features of the LMS
- Act as primary resource for resolving LMS issues as identified by users and sent in through the ticketing system
- Design and deliver training in the use of various instructional and academic technology tools (e.g. LMS / Lecture Capture / Web-conferencing)
- Provide direct support to students in online courses through troubleshooting and system expertise
- Coordinate, design and deliver college-wide faculty training and development services that support effective teaching and increase student engagement
Supports High Quality Online, Hybrid and Technology Enhanced Learning Environments (30%)
- Continually review and evaluate emerging instructional technologies and innovative educational strategies, and share relevant information with the campus community.
- Support the online learning quality assurance program by assisting with coordination and logistics of course review and providing process expertise to faculty and reviewers
- Create user-friendly training materials in various formats, including, but not limited to, handouts, web pages, and videos
- Provide ongoing training and professional development to staff delivering academic and student services to online students
- In partnership with Library Services, expand and promote the use of the Library’s special Collection on Teaching and Learning Resources
- Continually update professional knowledge and skills in the areas of teaching and learning, instructional technology, and best practices in delivering professional development and training through relevant trade journals and professional literature, and participation in ongoing professional development activities.
- Participate on college-wide and/or interdisciplinary workgroups as instructional technology content expert, as requested
Serve as SSDL Liaison (20%)
- Serve as communication link between Virginia Western students and SSDL staff at NVCC
- Serve as point of contact for academic staff in the scheduling and planning of SSDL course offerings
- Communicate SSDL information to perspective and current students on the mechanics of SSDL course delivery, meeting pre-requisites, course testing, academic deadlines and other issues that may arise
- Provide connection to Virginia Western’s Early Alert System through Navigate as appropriate
- Trouble shoot student issues and facilitate resolution of student complaints
Last updated 04/2019
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!