Position Number: FA267
Reports to: Dean of Student Affairs (FA099)
The Coordinator of Student Success & Retention supports the college’s holistic retention and student success initiatives – strategically and programmatically. This is accomplished through a focus on effective cross-functional and cross-departmental relationships and a robust understanding of how to achieve equity in student success and academic persistence for students from every race, ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic group.
Work Tasks & Duties
Early Alert & Intervention Pathways (65%)
- Manages the college’s Early Alert process, including targeted interventions for students who have missed a key momentum point in a program-specific success marker course
- Engages in a high level of cross-departmental collaboration to define support pathways leveraging researched-based best practices
- Ensures holistic, unified supports across multiple, decentralized support services (program advising, success coaching, learning assistance and support)
- Defines and coordinates proactive support strategies for identified at-risk populations with a focus on equity aligned with the college’s strategic enrollment goals with a focus on equity
- Partners with faculty and staff to promote an understanding of available student success resources and services
- Partners with other college departments to ensure an inclusive, cohesive, comprehensive approach to retention and success
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of retention-focused initiatives aligned with the college’s strategic enrollment goals
Assessment & Improvement (20%)
- Identifies and evaluates the most academically effective and cost-effective methods of delivering learning assistance to a diverse student body with an emphasis on equity
- Maintains currency of industry knowledge and promotes the utilization of best practices in student support
- Routinely reviews and analyzes available metrics for opportunities to improve student success and retention. Effectively collaborates with others to ensure an aligned approach to navigating opportunities and challenges.
- Navigates the life cycle of research, implementation, assessment and recommendation. Seeks opportunities to leverage objective and subjective data to enhance assessment and tracking initiatives.
- Effectively utilizes available assessment metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Supervises the college’s Program Advising services
Last updated: 07/2021