Position Number: FA223
Reports to: Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness
As an integral member of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, the Coordinator carries broad responsibility for institutional research and assessment, accreditation, reporting, and the college’s Institutional Review Board (IRB). The Coordinator supports the Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness in promoting an organizational culture that values and utilizes data when making decisions. Functioning as a “connector” across the college community, the Coordinator builds and sustains effective relationships in order to more effectively assess situational needs and alignments across individuals, groups, and projects. With an eye towards continuous improvement and equity, the Coordinator champions a comprehensive, collaborative, effective, and inclusive communication and feedback strategy throughout the college community.
Work Tasks & Duties
Strategic Planning & Assessment
- Works closely with the AVP of IE throughout the full life cycle of strategic planning: timing, development, assessment, implementation, monitoring, debriefing, and aligning with the next plan. Spearheads gathering, analyzing, interpreting, and communicating relevant data for internal and external stakeholders. As an integral part of the Strategic Planning Steering Team, collaborates with individuals across all areas of the college to help ensure timely, thoughtful, and thorough communications related to organizational goals, successes, and areas for focus.
- Collaborates with IE Office and leaders across the college to facilitate development, monitoring, and revising of General Education Assessments, Academic Assessments, and Support Area Assessments. Holds primary responsibility for results collection, documentation of improvements, and analysis of results for impact to future plans.
- Supports the college’s annual program review process including appropriate scheduling, compiling initial program data, navigating SWOT analyses, participating in recommendation conversations, and summarizing the final results for publication. Supports the AVP in working closely with the program head and faculty to determine areas of strength, needs for improvement, requests for college assistance, and plans for moving forward.
- Facilitates the development and/or sustainment of a culture of evidence throughout the college to ensure planning processes are data-driven and in alignment with broader institutional goals and objectives. Monitors and educates the campus on the importance of ensuring that SACSCOC accreditation requirements are woven into planning and evaluation processes wherever relevant.
- Partners with the Data Analyst to receive, assess, explore, and fulfill data requests from the campus community. Proactively pushes out data and information that is required/requested on a routine basis, such as the college Fact Book, start-of-semester reports, end-of-semester reports, and reports listed on the data calendar for distribution to various governance groups. Works to enhance data literacy skills throughout the college so that areas are empowered to pull and assess their own basic data. Collaborates with the area requesting data to ensure clarity on the objective for the data and closing the loop on usage and effectiveness.
Accreditation & Compliance
- Plays a key role throughout the collaborative effort for the successful re-affirmation of the college through SACSCOC. Supports the project and communication planning for each Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
- Ensures a consistently current understanding of SACSCOC standards and interpretations; assists in educating the campus-at-large and specific stakeholders as updates, additions, or revisions occur. Trains the campus community on SACSCOC accrediting policies and procedures, as appropriate for specific areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates with the IE Office and appropriate academic leadership to provide support, insight, and expertise to departmental accreditation processes. Provides additional support for initial accreditation of a program/area to include learning each standard and aligned expectations, reviewing/assisting with narrative development, checking intended submission for compliance with logistical requirements (e.g. word count limits), and offering a neutral perspective for how things are going.
- Ensures accurate, complete, and timely reporting as requested and required by the federal government, state, VCCS, or other regulatory bodies, as requested. Collaborates with the System Office to receive, audit, and approve data being collected for SCHEV and IPEDS reporting. Provides transparent and timely reporting to the college with regards to data explanations, trends, and key pieces of information to retain.
- Maintains awareness of the broader environment and trends; proactively shares key findings or thoughts with the appropriate areas of the college for knowledge, planning, and possible action.
- Works closely with the Grants Office throughout the life cycle of a grant: prework/preplanning, proposal development, tracking of measures, audits of findings, communication to stakeholders, and final reporting. Provides similar support, as requested, for VCCS initiatives or other college-sponsored projects.
- Serves as a central resource and repository for statistical reports and support for faculty and staff; collaborates with the campus community on research projects and studies in areas such as student services, instructional evaluation, student success efforts, faculty data, learning outcomes, and management policies. Offers an unbiased perspective in the cultivation of project objectives, parameters, measurements, and outcomes.
- Ensures data integrity through the evaluation, processing, and maintenance of data and databases for institutional, departmental, and individual needs. Facilitates data extraction, analysis, and interpretation using statistical and non-statistical methods.
- Conducts in-depth research projects, apply analytical and evaluative techniques, formulate conclusions and make recommendations in promoting continuous improvement.
- Consults with individuals or groups at the college when surveys are requested to help ensure an appropriate and effective tools is developed to meet the stated need; utilizes situational assessment and broad college knowledge to read between the lines and drill down to the core issue(s) being assessed. Provides oversight to the Data Analyst through development, delivery, and analysis of the survey and results. Debriefs with the requesting individual or group to determine whether the survey was successful and how the results will be used.
- Functions as the Co-Facilitator of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for the college. Maintains federal credentialing, ensures currency of regulatory knowledge, and facilitates communications with researchers requesting access throughout the application process and subsequent approval or denial of the request. Ensures the closure reports are received and maintained from all approved studies.
- Works closely with the AVP to assess and revise the college’s governance structure annually, including the workgroup roster, membership, meeting schedules, meeting locations, and appropriate charges/objectives for each workgroup. Collects year-end reporting from each group for debriefing and planning purposes. Acts as a primary resource for questions, concerns, and suggestions throughout the year.
- Serves and actively participates on workgroups, committees, and initiatives as requested.
Last updated 6/2021