Position Number: FA045
Reports to: Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness (FA093)
The Coordinator of Institutional Assessment provides support to the College’s Institutional Effectiveness processes including assessment and compliance with accreditation expectations for Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The Coordinator of Institutional Assessment is also responsible for coordinating the timely and accurate reporting for academic, administrative, and general education assessment.
Work Tasks & Duties
Assessment Process and Project Management (50%)
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements assessment activities (academic, administrative, and general education) across the institution; performs data and assessment analysis; provides technical and professional guidance, consultation, and support to departments regarding assessment, as appropriate.
- Serves as a point of support for the College’s assessment system; monitors document submissions and assists with evaluating overall program and unit quality.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of requirements of program approvals, programs closure, and other academic program curricular changes.
- Communicates the requirements for program approvals and other academic program curricular changes, provides assistance to deans, program heads, and faculty members interested in developing new programs, changing existing programs or closing existing ones in accordance with internal processes and procedures as well as external requirements.
- Coordinates and maintains all necessary records, files, and reports concerning degree programs including all new academic program development, approvals/closures, and submissions for institutional accreditation.
- Participates in the preparation of institutional accreditation
Data Collection, Analysis, and Reporting (20%)
- Participates in the collection and analysis of various assessment data to support programmatic assessment processes and academic program reviews, including dissemination of results and assisting others with understanding and appropriately utilizing and applying them.
- Interprets assessment findings; analyzes and compiles comprehensive statistical and narrative data; assists with the preparation of official assessment reports to summarize findings.
- Records, stores, manages, and disseminates confidential and sensitive assessment data, as appropriate.
Training and Outreach (20%)
- Develops, plans, and/or participates in educational, training, and outreach activities, to include program development and presentation of lectures and/or workshops.
Other Duties (10%)
- Supports strategic planning and institutional research as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
Last updated 06/2022