Position Number: FA041
Reports to: Dean of Health Professions (FA186)
This position serves as the program administrator for the Dental Hygiene program, including its extension to distant sites at Lord Fairfax Community College, and Danville Community College. The position is responsible for compliance with American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation Standards for Dental Hygiene, the oversight of the didactic component of the curriculum and the three clinical sites, recruitment and evaluation of adjunct faculty and dentists, admission and retention of students at all three sites, and supervision of faculty.
Work Tasks & Duties
Program Supervision & Management (55%)
- Supervises assessment, planning and operating of program facilities at all program sites.
- Recruits, supervises, and evaluates adjunct faculty and staff dentists at the three clinical sites.
- Chairs the Curriculum Advisory Committees at all colleges and communicates with members by mail and phone regarding pertinent issues related to the advisory role.
- Submits annual departmental budget for fiscal administration of the program.
- Supervises operation of the three clinics and ensures that appropriate standards for infection control and patient treatment are followed.
- Chairs the Dental Hygiene Admissions Committee, directs processes for selecting students and interviews applicants for all three sites.
- Completes the annual ADA survey regarding program activities, curriculum budget and faculty.
- Resolves instructional problems arising with the VCCS synchronous distance delivery system and scheduling.
Curriculum Development, Evaluation and Revisions (20%)
- Develops, evaluates and revises curriculum to ensure that program standards meet VCCS, ADA accreditation, and VWCC guidelines. Prepares documentation for curriculum reports and catalog changes at all three colleges.
- Teaches 8 to 12 contact hours per year.
- Maintains student records and monitors overall student performance.
Community Relations (10%)
- Interacts with dental professionals to maintain good community relations in all three service areas.
Last updated 07/2019