Chronic health impairments include cystic fibrosis, diabetes, sickle cell anemia, cancer, AIDS, hemophilia, muscular dystrophy, rheumatoid arthritis and many others. At times, such diseases may have acute phases requiring bed rest or hospitalization.
- Grade penalties should not be imposed for unavoidable absences due to the impairment; however, excessive absences may limit understanding of the material, thereby lessening the probability for success. Test/exam dates may need to be rescheduled and deadlines adjusted.
- Scribes, note takers and/or taping lectures may be necessary to help the student catch up with the class.
- Grades of “Incomplete” may be appropriate.
- Transient use of wheelchairs may be necessary.
- Medications may change and corresponding changes in behavior may be noted.
Please refer such students to the Office of Disability Services in S207 (857-7286).
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!