Whether transitory, genetic, or prolonged, students with psychological/emotional illnesses need special consideration. Due to the nature of these illnesses, many choose not to disclose their disability.
- May need to use audio recorders and/or use note takers.
- Social and classroom behaviors may differ from other students. Contact the Office of Disability Services in S207 if concerned about inappropriate behavior.
- Extended minutes without distractions may be needed for tests.
- Reasonable allowance should be made for absences. Consider extended time, if needed, for assignments.
- Expect erratic performance.
Please refer such students to the Office of Disability Services in S207 (857-7286).
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!