- Prepares students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution to complete a baccalaureate degree in allied health programs such as nursing, health education or dietetics/nutrition
- Cohort is limited to 24 students
- Designed for students that have demonstrated strong Math and Science skills in their high school program
- This is a two year program. Current high school 10th & 11th graders are encouraged to apply
- Additional course work is required for students seeking the AS in Science Health Science Degree
- Rising high school seniors who have not participated in the 1st year of this academy are encouraged to apply for the one year Pre-Health Academy.
Benefits to Students
- Earn college credits while in high school
- Gain valuable knowledge of exciting careers in healthcare industry
- Access to state-of-the-art labs
- Engage with and learn from seasoned faculty with significant experience
- Interact with Virginia Western and other high school students
- Applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to the college
- Students must complete the Academy Application and submit all supporting documentation noted in the application.
- Students must meet the program admission requirements – High school GPA of 3.0+ and completion of Algebra II with a grade of “C” or higher.
Dr. Kathryn H. Beard
Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Fishburn Hall F125C
3093 Colonial Ave SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!