- Dedicated technicians are available upon request.
- Events falling outside normal Media Geek support hours must be approved at least 90 days in advance.
- For All Non-Virginia Western events:
- Dedicated technician rates are $50 per hour with 4 hour minimum.
- Technician services must be requested 90 calendar days in advance unless special permission has been granted.
- Events that run over the contracted time will be charged additional technician hours at $75/hour with no partial hours.
- Events in Whitman auditorium require a dedicated technician unless special permission has been granted.
- Dedicated Technician Fee covers ONLY audio visual services. Items such as putting out directional signs, furniture delivery and setup, etc… must be discussed with Virginia Western’s event planning staff prior to event.
- We strongly recommend a tech walkthrough to determine if a dedicated technician is required.
Requesting Event Support Service
To schedule a tech walkthrough, please contact Joe Bear at 857-7263.
Business Science Bldg, Room M250
Service Request Form (MyVWCC login required)
Mon – Thurs: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Media Geeks are available until 7 PM during the first 4 weeks of fall and spring semester.
Evening support until 10 PM is available by request with 30-day notice.
Please contact Joe Bear for approval.
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!