How to Submit Your Documents
You MUST fax any applicable document(s) to 540-857-6208 or you can upload the document(s) through our support center website by using this link: https:\\mysupport.www.virginiawestern.edu. You will be required to log in with your MyVWCC log in information. Once you are logged in you can select the option to ‘Create a Case/Submit Document(s).
Below are the documents required based on which option you chose on the applicaiton. If you cannot remember what you chose, please refer back to the application for the details of each.
- Certification of Expected Separation, Layoff Letter from Employer, or Verification from Employment Agency
- Unemployment Insurance Documents or Printouts (demonstrating eligibility for UI benefits, exhaustion of UI benefits, or confirmation of non-covered employer)
- Current Labor Market Info showing occupations in decline, Receipt of UI showing duration of receipt of UI of at least 12 of the previous 26 weeks, Participation in the VEC RESEA program with Reemployment Service Plan completed and signed, or Local Workforce Development Board Policy on “Unlikely to Return”
- Certification of Expected Separation or Layoff Letter from Employer
- Media Announcement with Employment Verification
- IRS Forms, Business Ledgers, Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 Bankruptcy published in newspaper or letter from trustee of bankruptcy court, Statement of Failure of Business Supplier, or Statement of Failure of Business Customer
- IRS Forms, Court Ledgers, Medical Records, Bank/Financial Records, Divorce Decree, Spouse Death Certificate, Spouse Disability Check, and/or Signed statement from family member(s)
- Job Search Verification
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders authorizing dependent travel or Military Dependent Identification Card
- Job Search Verification or Employment Verification (previous, current, or prospective depending on employment status)
Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!