The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who want to serve and represent Virginia Western Community College. Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, mentor new students, and represent the college at community events. The team is made up of a diverse group of students who represent many different majors at the college. The ambassador program has a service-learning format — students receive a scholarship each semester in exchange for a specified number of service hours.
The Student Services Division accepts applications for the program each April through an extensive application and interview process. The program is competitive and only accepts a small group of students each year. Applicants must be second-year Virginia Western students and meet GPA and enrollment criteria.
Do you have a question for our student ambassador team? Use this form!
Say hello to our 2022-23 Student Ambassadors!
- Why We Choose Virginia Western Ambassadors (YouTube)
- Steps to Get Started at Virginia Western (YouTube)
- The Difference Between High School and College (YouTube)
- Bienvenido a Virginia Western (YouTube)
- Using the Academic Planning Feature in Navigate (YouTube)
- Communicating with Instructors (YouTube)
- Academic Integrity (YouTube)
- Online Learning (YouTube)
- Creating a Study Space (YouTube)
- VWCC Campus Resources (YouTube)
- Creating Study Groups Online and Making Friends! (YouTube)
- Student Activities, Events, & Fitness Center Fall 2020 (YouTube)
- Time Management (YouTube)
- Properly Emailing Your Instructor (YouTube)
- The Transfer Process (YouTube)
- The Career Center (YouTube)
- Disney College Program (YouTube)
- Honors Societies at Virginia Western (YouTube)
Recruitment Coordinator, Student Services
Chapman Hall C112
Chapman Hall C110A
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!