Outlook allows you to save calendar dates into a file (with a suffix of .ics), that can then be imported into an Outlook calendar. This is useful for loading standard dates into your Outlook calendar without having to enter them manually. Some calendar date files that have been created at VWCC are:
- Full-Time and Part-Time Timesheet Due and Manager Approval Due Dates
- Campus Police Timesheets Due
- Campus Police Manager Approval Due Dates
- VWCC Holidays
- Academic Calendars by semester
To import a calendar date file into your default Outlook calendar:
- In Outlook, open your default calendar (the one that is named “Calendar”).
- Select File -> Open -> Import/Export.
- From the Import and Export Wizard, choose Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar (.vcs) and then click Next.
- Navigate to H:\Install_Points\Calendar Date Files and select the date file you want to import. Click OK or just double-click on the file.
- Click the Import button.
The dates from the selected file will now appear on your Outlook calendar.