The Virginia Western Community College Blue Stars men’s basketball team won its first home game of the spring semester, knocking off the Lord Fairfax Cannons 88-84 on Jan. 28. Trailing by three points at halftime, the Blue Stars’ pressure defense and the hot shooting of Rolando Holmes and Eric Slone (20 points apiece) led them back. Saveyon Taylor sealed the victory down the stretch with crucial free throws. The Cannons’ Charles Hudnall scored a game-high 22 points. The Blue Stars’ next home game is against New River Community College at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 9.
- Torc Robotics will bring autonomous-equipped tractor to campus Dec. 3 for Virginia Western students to visit during annual Autonomous Robotics Competition December 1, 2022
- A holiday message from Virginia Western November 30, 2022
- Mobile Dairy Classroom visits Virginia Western Community College November 22, 2022
- Virginia Western Community College culinary professor to compete at Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg November 16, 2022
- Virginia Western Educational Foundation awards record number of CCAP scholarships in fall 2022 November 1, 2022