- Foundation Home
- About Us ▼
- Fralin Futures
- Scholarships ▼
- Giving ▼
- Student Assistance Fund
- News & Publications ▼
- Coming Events
- Make College Possible
- Smith Endowed Chair
- Community Arboretum
The Virginia Western Community College Educational Foundation supports more than 85 scholarships for credit and noncredit courses. Students are eligible to apply each semester for awards that range from $500 to $2,000.
The Fall 2019 Scholarship application is now open through May 1, 2019.
Contact Scholarship Coordinator Carolyn Payne at or 540-857-6371 with any questions.
New Scholarship Opportunity!
If you are winding up your STEM-H program of study, check out a NEW opportunity available for 2019-20: the Fralin Futures STEM-H Scholarships.
News & Announcements
Assemble the following items before beginning the application:
- Know your current cumulative high school or Virginia Western grade point average (GPA), and the number of Virginia Western credits you have earned, if applicable.
- Copy of your most recent college or high school academic transcript (may be unofficial)
- Copy of your 2017 signed tax return if self-supporting, your parents' 2017 signed tax return if dependent, or the 2017-2018 or 2018-2019 FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- Please review all answers for accuracy on the online application in its entirety before submitting.
Click on "How to Apply Step by Step" (PDF) to see all steps to submit a complete application.
To apply for any Educational Foundation scholarship, you must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Enroll in a minimum of six (6) credits, unless the scholarship you are applying for requires you to enroll in more. Full-time enrollment is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
Location: Fishburn Hall, F214
All users: 711
3093 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Fri: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM