Notes in SAILS do not prompt any sort of college response and are not emailed to the student. Shared Notes should be used for informational items related to a student’s academic success that do not currently require intervention, but may be useful to an advisor.
To add a note to a student’s folder in SAILS, you must be logged into MyVWCC and have clicked the SAILS icon to enter SAILS.
- In the upper left-hand corner, click the Students tab.
- Here you can search for a student by Name or Connection. Searching by Connection allows you to view a group of students based on your relationship with them in SAILS (ex: a list of students in your course or a list of assigned advisees).
- Select the student(s) for which you would like to record a Note, and then click the Note button above the search box.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a Note Type (General or Academic Advising) and add your Note in the text box. You can email a copy of the note to yourself and/or the student by selecting the appropriate boxes.
- To save the note, click Submit. The note will be saved in the student’s folder. Note: Only shared notes can be viewed by faculty and staff that have a relationship with the student. Private notes cannot be viewed.