Grants Development & Special Projects
It is the Mission of the Grants Development Office to advance Virginia Western Community College's emerging initiatives that are aligned and consistent with the goals of the college.
The Grants Development and Special Projects Office, a division of Institutional Advancement, works in partnership with Virginia Western Community College administration, deans, faculty, and classified staff to secure external funding for curricular, program-related and special projects.
The Office serves faculty, classified staff, and the college by:
- Meeting with faculty or staff to learn about their project interests and funding needs.
- Notifying individuals of grant opportunities pertinent to specific areas of interest.
- Maintaining a library of resource materials for locating funding and preparing proposals.
- Assisting faculty or classified staff in the preparation of applications, by acting as liaison with funding agencies, providing editorial and budget assistance, as well as reviewing for compliance with agency regulations and guidelines.
- Offering faculty workshops on proposal writing, including budget relevant information and funding opportunities.
- Notifying the Office of Marketing & Communications of awards received.
- Maintaining central files of proposals and related correspondence.
- Providing information for both public and private funding agencies.
Attention Students: The VWCC Grants Office works with departments and faculty to obtain grants for College programs and operations. All Student Aid, including grants, is handled through the Financial Aid department.
If you have questions regarding the Community College Access Program or VWCC Education Foundation scholarships click here: CCAP – Apply Now
Director of Grants Development & Special Projects
|Director of Grants Development & Special Projects|
Fishburn Hall F204B
Fishburn Hall F204A
Grants Development Office
Location: Fishburn Hall F204
3093 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015