WHEN: Wednesday, November 14; 1 p.m.
WHERE: Webber Hall, 217
FACILITATOR: Ms. Mickey Webb
Budgeting can be a challenging undertaking because many people consider the task to be boring and dry. They also believe that budgets are constraining and take too much time to actually create. This workshop is designed to encourage you to: create a spending plan, track your expenses, consider your wants and needs, recognize that money management is about making wise choices, and practice living within your budget.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENTS TO ATTEND THESE VERY USEFUL HOT TOPIC SESSIONS. If you would like to offer extra credit to students, they will be given an “extra credit ticket” as verification of their attendance to bring back to class.
Dr. Gloria Lindsay
Chapman Hall, Room 105
It is finally here – the upgrade for Blackboard to version 9.1 Service Pack 9. To prepare faculty for the new tools and features, the Distance Learning staff will offer an overview this Friday.
Workshop Title: What's New in Blackboard 9.1 Service Pack 9
Time: Friday, Nov. 9 from 12 to 1pm
Location: Natural Science Center
You do not need to register for the session – just bring your smiling face and join us for the preview of what you as faculty can expect after the upgrade is completed November 19th.
During the upgrade, Blackboard will be unavailable to faculty and students as has always been the process in previous upgrades. Be sure you alert students even though alerts have been posted in the Blackboard portal page!!
As a follow-up to our August 9th and 10th Disaster Exercise (Operation Blue Star Bedlam), all college employees are invited to the “VWCC Hotwash” on Thursday, November 8th. During this session, drill participants will be able to share their stories of the day and the event. Additionally, you will see a video produced by our Media Geeks (a big thank you to B Bagby for his hard work and dedication) which will provide a timeline of the event so everyone can see what took place from the beginning to the end of the event.
As you are able, please attend one of the three sessions of your choice. These sessions are open to ALL college employees. Ensure you coordinate the session you select with your supervisor and co-workers.
HUMAN RESOURCES TRAINING ROOM – Ground Floor, Fishburn Hall
- 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Your Exercise Planning Team,
- Mike Shelton, Human Resources Director
- Craig Harris, Chief of Campus Police
- Heidi McClintic, Human Resources Analyst
The mobile DMV will be on campus TODAY, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. They will be in parking lot 1 behind the Natural Science Center.
What can you do at the DMV2Go?
- Apply for or renew your ID card – adults and children
- Apply for or renew your driver’s license – take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken.
- Reinstate driving privileges.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Update your address on your DMV record.
- Update your voter registration address and organ donor status
- Request a Personal Identification Number to set up a myDMV account – receive DMV notices via email or phone; conduct secure transactions on the DMV website, www.dmvNOW.com.
- Search for other state services through a Virginia Internet portal.