Please join us for the
EMPLOYEE HOLIDAY LUNCHEON
on Monday, December 15th, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
in the multipurpose room in the Fralin Center.
MEAL: Our meal will be catered by Plantation Creation and the menu will include:
- Herb roasted turkey breast with giblet gravy (gluten free)
- Baked sliced ham glazed with honey bourbon (gluten free)
- Tomato & spinach egg casserole with buttery crust (vegetarian option)
- Buttered mashed potatoes (gluten free)
- Garden salad (gluten free)
- Sautéed green beans with roasted red peppers & almonds (gluten free)
- Yeast rolls with butter
- Sweet tea, unsweet tea, lemonade, water, coffee
- Variety of desserts
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED! PLEASEregister prior to the event so that we can make sure we order the correct amount of food. The difference of 100 people equates to over $1,000.Please register by noon on December 8th. http://tinyurl.com/vwcc-holiday2014
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GIVING:
- Wooly Tree bring in hats, scarfs, gloves and decorate the Wooly Tree! Donations will go to Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is also in need of new or gently worn coats in all sizes for children and adults. The Salvation Army has requested that our trees focus on children as they have over 2,000 angels this year.
- Process and Problems Professional Services is a non-profit group helping victims of domestic violence. They are in need of monetary donations as well as tutors and mentors, learning materials, and job skills training to help victims secure employment. Learn more about this service: https://www.facebook.com/TREYSERVE
- Volunteer: The Salvation Army needs volunteers December 8-17 at the distribution center and kettle bell ringers Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. at various locations. Volunteers may contact Belinda West (firstname.lastname@example.org or 343-3553 x108)
- Santa to a Senior: Home Instead Senior Care coordinates with 12 area agencies to identify Senior Citizens who are in need, and are not likely to receive gifts- even the basics. The most often requested gifts are: Jogging Suits, Wal-Mart gift cards, Sweaters and PJ’s. Contact Deb Squire, email@example.com, 857-6296.