Attention ALL employees (Full and Part-Time, Faculty and Staff):
To make sure Payroll has your current mailing address for W2 purposes, please review and update your address no later than December 10th, 2014.
To Edit an address:
- Log-in to PeopleSoft.
- Click "Main Menu".
- Click "Self Service".
- Click "Personal Information Summary".
- Click "Change Home/Mailing Addresses" button.
- Then click the “Edit” button to the right of the address which needs to be updated.
- Fill out the form with your new mailing address information. You must list the same address in the HOME and MAILING address variables. Please ensure you are using proper USPS format and abbreviations. The Postal code MUST be in the nine-digit format. Use this link to find your code:http://zip4.usps.com.
- Residence/Juris Code should be the city or county location of the corresponding address.
- List effective date of address change next to “On this date”.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Ok”.
- Click “Return to Personal Information” when verification of Address is complete.
Additionally, you must submit all address changes to the Human Resources Department. This can be done by emailing Heidi McClintic (firstname.lastname@example.org) from your VWCC Employee Email Account (or you can use your VCCS Student Email account if you do not have an Employee Email Account with our college) with the request.
You should also take a few minutes to update all of your personal information. The Job Aid in onVWConnect (has to be accessed while on campus or thru virtual network). Go to HUMAN RESOURCES > PEOPLESOFT HRMS > Select the appropriate Checklist based on your position status (full-time or part-time).
- Domino’s Pizza will be closed Nov 25-28*
- Java the Hutt will be closed Nov 25-Nov 28
- Subway will close at 3 p.m. Nov25-Nov 28
*Contact the Domino’s on Brambleton Avenue for delivery any time
- Domino’s Pizza will close at 6 p.m. on Dec 10 and reopen on Jan 12*
- Java the Hutt will close at 2 p.m. on Dec 12 and reopen on Jan 12
- Subway will close at 9 p.m. on Dec 17 and reopen on Jan 12
*Contact the Domino’s on Brambleton Avenue for delivery any time
The Fitness Center is offering the following classes throughout the month of November:
Mindful Meditation: Mondays 12:00pm-1:00pm Stop breathe observe and connect with your inner experience.
Yoga -Meditative Posture Flow: Mondays 2:00pm-3:00pm Intermediate stretch and flow class. Internal focus for energizing and calming.
Salsa Dancing: Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:30pm-3:30pm Learn to groove and burn calories at the same time. No partner necessary.
Virtual Tabata: Tuesdays 3:30pm-4:30pm Ignite your metabolism by alternating 20 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest.
Hip Hop Cardio: Wednesdays 12:00pm-1:00pm Dance to the beat and burn calories.
Yoga Workout: Wednesdays 5:30pm-6:30pm Come prepared to build a sweat, build core strength and stamina.
Pilates: Thursdays 5:30pm-6:30pm Lengthen and strengthen your entire body using core muscles and incorporating strength training.
Zumba Fitness: Fridays 8:00am-9:00am Dance-based fitness that use a fusion of Latin and International rhythms with easy-to-follow moves.
Please be sure to bring your Student ID and wear soft soled shoes. For more information contact the Fitness Center Manager at email@example.com
The Academic Link needs tutors for most subject areas for Spring 2015. Tutors are especially needed for all levels of math, all sciences, computer programming, engineering, and graphics arts. If you know students you believe would make good tutors, please have them call 540-857-6442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. These are paid positions and applications are being accepted now. Interviewing will begin in early December, so interested students should contact the Academic Link as soon as possible.
Please take a minute to stop by and say hello to the following new faces at Virginia Western!
- Charles "Josh" Farmer began on 11/10/2014 as the Admissions Office Manager for Student Services. (Please note: Josh's email is CFarmer@virginiawestern.edu).
- Dawn Kubik began on 11/05/2014 as the part-time Fitness Center Assistant for the Fitness Center in Student Services.
- Jeffrey Kamal began on 11/21/2014 as a part-time Testing Center Assistant for the Testing Center in Learning Resources.
Welcome to Virginia Western!
The Armed Forces Student Association and the Human Rights Club have sponsors the Toys for Tots drive here on campus throughout November! The boxes have been placed at the locations listed below, only new and unwrapped toys are being accepted for this drive.
Help make a difference in a child's life today!
3rd Floor Student Life Center
Military Student Center (A122)
3rd Floor of Webber (BTT Division Office)
Main Floor of Fralin
(Please note that Toys for Tots Boxes are not trashcans, please respect the cause and the goal of bringing joy into a child's life for the Holidays and dispose of your trash correctly)
The International Students Club will hold a festival from 5:30-9:30 on November 21st in Whitman Auditorium celebrating the diverse cultures found on our campus. Students representing different countries will have booths set up with food and decorations. There will be music, costumes, and fun! Please stop by!
PVCC is offering three travel study opportunities that are open to all VCCS students, faculty, staff and family/friends. Each trip is being led by one of PVCC faculty members. Here is the list. More details about each trip are attached to the links below:
1. Japan (Kyoto, Nara, Nagoya, Tokyo)-February 27-March 8
2. Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula)-February 28-March 7
3. France (Thomas Jefferson’s Wine Tour-Paris, Beaune, Meursault) May 15-May 23
Brown Library has modified its hours of operation for the Thanksgiving holiday break.
- Saturday, November 22nd: 9am-4pm
- Monday, November 24th: 8am-8pm
- Tuesday, November 25th: 8am-5pm
- Wednesday, November 26th: 8am-12pm
- Thursday, November 27th—Sunday, November 30th: Closed
Remember, even when the library is closed, you can still access professional assistance, online library resources, and computers for doing class work or research. Check out these alternatives:
Computer Labs on Campus
Off-Campus Access to Research Databases and the Library Catalog
Ask a Librarian Chat Service
The VWCC Nursing Club will be collecting items over the next several weeks for Turning Point, a domestic violence shelter. Boxes are being placed throughout campus. Some of the locations include: Fralin HP floors 2-4, REACH, Anderson, Brown Library, and the Admissions Office. The following items are needed:
Large cups with lids
Feminine hygiene products
Pad locks with keys
Craft store gift cards
Leisure pants (all sizes)
Alcohol free mouthwash
18 gallon clear storage tote
Pump hand soap
Paper plates and towels
Dish drying towels
Fabric softener sheets
Shower curtain liners
Alcohol free hand sanitizer
Individual snack food items
Department store gift cards
Grocery store gift cards
Local Hero Award seeks nominations from community by Dec. 1. Every January, Community School recognizes people and organizations in our community who demonstrate the humanitarianism, altruism and social conscience that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. exemplified, and who have an effect on their larger community. Mark your calendars for the 2015 Local Hero Award Ceremony on Friday, Jan. 16. There is a daytime event for Community School students and an evening event for the public. Now it's time to nominate your Local Hero. Nominations are open and are due by Monday, Dec. 1. Nominations can be mailed to Community School, c/o Local Hero Committee, 7918 Williamson Road, Roanoke, VA 24015, or emailed to email@example.com. To obtain a nomination form or submit a nomination online, click here.
Want the perfect stocking stuffer? Then buy a box of chocolates from the newly formed RAPIDS cheer team and help them fundraise. You'll get 52 individually wrapped and assorted chocolate candy bars: caramel, dark, almond, rice crispy, and mint to stuff all your stockings or give away to friends. Each box is only $32! See Coach Mellisa May in H100A or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the PH Players of Patrick Henry High School for Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice November 21 and 22, at 7:30 P.M. The Bennetts, Bingleys, Darcys, and all their friends and relatives can be seen on the Patrick Henry High School stage in the PH Players fall production. Tickets are $10.00 for adults, and $5.00 for students and seniors.