2014-2015 Professional Development Award Letters have have been distributed. Your award is contingent upon receipt of the Acceptance Form (included with your Award Letter). Please return your completed Acceptance Form to Kathy Holland by the end of the day, Thursday, May 15th.
May 2, 2014
Open Enrollment began May 1, 2014 and ends at 5 p.m. on May 23, 2014:
- If you are happy with your health care elections and plan provider you do not need to do anything during open enrollment. If you would like to make a change in providers, or the optional buy-ups, you must make this change during open enrollment.
- If you want to add or remove eligible family members, you must take action during open enrollment.
- You may also waive health care coverage during open enrollment.
- If you have a medical or dependent care flexible spending account and want to continue (or initially participate) in the next plan year, you must re-enroll and/or enroll during open enrollment.
Changes or enrollments you make to your plan during open enrollment will take effect July 1, 2014.
There will be two employee meetings to discuss open enrollment and changes to the plans, which are minimal this plan year. Both employee meetings will be held in the Human Resources Training Room:
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
If you have any questions or need an enrollment form, please contact Denise Schuh at 857-7962 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees may also use EmployeeDirect to make their election changes at http://edirect.virginia.gov.
The open lab in M302 will be closed from Tuesday, May 6th until Monday, May 19th.
The lab will reopen for the summer semester on Monday, May 19th.
Summer Hours for M302 are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sunday CLOSED
Pino Gelato Cafe supports Food For Thought: An Edible Education Partnership between Roanoke City, Roanoke City Public Schools and Virginia Western Community College to create a healthier and happier community.
MONDAY, MAY 5 - ALL DAY --- Mention you are with Virginia Western Community College and Food For Thought
Celebrate the end of the semster and support a Virginia Western program. Dine on gelato, flat bread pizza, sandwiches and salad. A percentage of all proceeds are to support the James Madison Middle School Food For Thought garden learning center. Pino Gelato Cafe, is located at The Shoppes at West Village, 3565 Electric Road, Roanoke, Va. For more information on Food For Thought, http://foodforthoughtva.org/
Please join Dr. Sandel as he hosts a dessert reception celebrating Dr. Elizabeth Wilmer’s appointment as Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs. Stop by the 1st floor lobby of Fishburn Hall on Monday, May 5th, from 1-2:30 p.m. to share your well wishes with Dr. Wilmer and enjoy a sweet treat!!!